- About SEWA
- East Coast
- Mid West
- South East
- South West
- West Coast
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- Sacramento, CA
- Bay Area, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Denver, CO
- Los Angles
- Annual Fundraiser - 2013
- Annual Fundraiser - 2012
- Get Inspired
- Past Programs
- SEWA Family Services
- SEWA in High School
- Youth For Sewa
- Yuva For Sewa
- Sewa In News
- Annual Reports
- Contact Us
About Sewa International
Sewa International is a 501(c)(3) Hindu faith-based nonprofit charity. Sewa International in the USA has 38 chapters in 20 metros and 22 states.
Sewa (pronouced 'say wah') is a word in Sanskrit language translates to service above self - essentially Selfless Efforts for Welfare of All. Sewa International in the USA (started in 2003) was inspired by the international Sewa movement that began in India in 1989. Internationally, the Sewa movement is active in 17 countries.
Sewa International aspires to be the premier Hindu faith-based nonprofit charity and humanitarian organization with a worldwide reach.
Our mission is three fold:
- Serve humanity in distress.
- Aid local communities.
- Promote volunteerism
As a humanitarian service organization we believe in:
I. Serving Humanity is Serving God (in Sanskrit Nar sewa Narayan sewa).
II. All beings are one family (Vasudaiva kutumbakam).
III. May all be happy; May all be free from sickness; (Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah; Sarve Santu Niramaya;)
May all see things good; and, May none have misery (Sarve Bhadrani Pashyantu; Ma: Kaschit Dukha: Bhag Bhavet;)
Om peace, peace, peace! (Om, Shanthih! Shanthih! Shanthihi!)
Through our chapters we aspire to perform sewa with our heart and soul (Tana, Mana), and fungible contribution (Dhana). We promote selfless service through 38 our chapters in cities and towns across the United States. Please explore the Sewa Chapter nearest to you and connect with them to volunteer and experience the joy of giving.
Serve Humanity in Distress
- We provide disaster relief and rehabilitation by partnering with our sister organizations and also with other country based nonprofits by mobilising technical assistance to relief operations, and by investing in building infrastructure and services in the aftermath of natural disasters.
Supporing Developement Projects Internationally
- Sewa International, with its presence in 17 countries, is able to support and execute development projects effectively. We have supported development projects in India, Kenya, Guyana, Malaysia, Peru, Sri Lanka, and Suriname.
- Disaster Relief
Help local communities and causes
- Sewa International supports a number volunteering activities supporting local communities across the United States. Our programs such as Diwali Food Drive help the local homeless shelters across the country. We volunteer for number of different local causes through Sewa Day programs such as planting trees, preserving the environment, Bhutanese Refugee Empowerment, and Meals on Wheels.
- Sewa International is run by dedicated volunteers,from all sections of the community, working together to serve. Our Administrative overheads are thus kept at a minimum.