- About SEWA
- East Coast
- Mid West
- Chicago, IL
- Cleveland, OH
- Bloomington, IL
- Columbus, OH
- Denver, CO
- Detroit, MI
- South East
- South West
- West Coast
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- Sacramento, CA
- Bay Area, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Denver, CO
- Los Angles
- Annual Fundraiser - 2013
- Get Inspired
- Past Programs
- SEWA Family Services
- SEWA in High School
- Youth For Sewa
- Yuva For Sewa
- Sewa In News
- Annual Reports
- Contact Us
Sponsor a child
Sponsor a child is a project that provides education, mentoring and health insurance to poor and bright child in need. This is being run by one of our partner NGOs, ‘Youth for Seva’(YFS) in Bangalore, India. For more information visit Youth for Sewa webpage. For $160 you can support a child for a year that includes education, mentoring and healthcare.
How children are selected ?
- NGOs working in slums and goverment schools and also volunteers will recommend children.
- Selection committee will shortlist children based on their potential and the financial status of the family.
The mutifold benefits for THE CHILD
- THE CHILD gets admission in a good private school or private tuitions will be arranged if the child is attending government school.
- THE CHILD gets a mentor from one of YFS volunteers.
- THE CHILD gets enrolled in a health insurance plan.
Sponsor a child is a unique project where you and your sponsored child has a relationship.
The multifold benefits for YOU
- YOU will explore and experience a Meaningful Personal Change in your life.
YOU will bond with your child
- when the child writes to you 2-3 times a year.
- the child sends you hand made Seasonal Greetings with recent photographs.
- YOU enjoy your special privilege of meeting the child.
- YOU send your message of love through letters and cards.
Your support is well utilized towards your sponsored child. The communication from the child, report of the mentor, annual report, and newsletter of YFS will equip you with this knowledge and help you maintain faith with us.
We will keep you regularly informed about your child's progress. In the month of May/June we will send a Progress Report of the child showing child's marks obtained, activities attended, hobbies and status of promotion to next standard. Any special queries from you will also be replied to by the child/ YFS as the case may be.
We will also keep you informed about progress of overall project. We keep a record of the current status and future plans of children who received support through YFS child sponsorship scheme. Our volunteers are in constant touch with sponsored children.
And all it takes is $160 to sponsor one child. To contribute:
1) Select a child to sponsor from Youth for Sewa.
2) Send your donation to Sewa International USA, 3908 Westhollow Parkway, Houston, TX 77082. Specify child name in memo. Or to donate online click on 'Contribute' tab and send an email with name of child to email@example.com.