Weekly Report: Sewa International Atlanta Chapter Volunteer efforts for COVID-19 Response
It is our great pleasure that your organization has responded positively to partner with Sewa International, USA on ongoing efforts to support our community at these difficult times.
Upcoming Events By Sewa International Atlanta: PLEASE SHARE & FORWARD TO ALL YOUR MEMBERS
1. Wed. 8th Apr. 9pm EST - Managing the effect of Coronavirus on small business by Shri. Jagdish Sheth
2. Fri. 10th Apr. 5-6 pm - Support and Guidance to Indian diaspora during Covid-19 by Smt. Swati Kulkarni, Consul General of India (CGI)
(Please share your questions by Wed. Apr. 8th, in advance of the CGI webinar using the link below: https://tinyurl.com/COVID-19QuestionsToCGI)
Sewa International Atlanta Chapter Summary Report of Volunteer efforts for COVID-19 Response: (25th Mar – 5th Apr)
• SouthEast US Helpline OPEN and taking calls. Please encourage anyone who needs help to call our HELPLINE at (401) 484-SEWA or (401) 484-7392
• 300 Non-medical DIY Masks made and donated by 28 volunteers
• 2067 Masks (PPE) donated to NY City, Local Fire Dept., Local Sheriffs office Cumming, Local First Responders, Northside Hospital Staff, Gwinnett Jail, Drs. Offices.
• 200 Meals provided to Health Care staff at Northside Hospital Dunwoody
• 5 Informative Webinars: Current Medical concerns, Mental Health coping tools, Stress management methods, Immigration Concerns by Lawyers, Loss of jobs and financial concerns
• Canned Food Drives for local area Food Pantries continues
• International Students being helped. Please encourage International Students to call our helpline.
• Seniors and others who need help: Grocery delivery, Medicine delivery, Prescription refills – Please call our help line
• Sankalp Patra – Collaborative partnerships with 50+ local organizations
• Boots on the Ground – Delivery team for anyone or organizations that need help
• Fund Raising – On going. We are in dire need of funds. Please donate on our FB page or on our webpage at https://sewausa.org/COVID-19-Fundraiser
• Sewa HELPLINE for any help (401) 484-SEWA or (401) 484-7392
• FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/SewaAtlanta
• Web Site: https://sewausa.org
• Donate Link: https://www.facebook.com/donate/673664973400454/
Your donations are appreciated!
If you have not already done so, please do complete our collaboration letter so that we can finalize our partnership for ongoing support. It is a simple 2 step process:
Please sign this ‘Sewa Sankalp’ by simply clicking on link www.sewausa.org/sewasankalpa
Please upload your organization’s Logo