Sponsor A Child
Yuva for SewaSewa InternshipsSewa FellowshipNeighborhood Sewa
Family ServicesSELFStop Diabetes Movement
Ways to Give
Vision & Mission
On 24th September , Sewa USA Milwaukee Chapter volunteers, also known as Milwaukee Diyas organised "Adopt-A-Highway" community service event to clean litter along Wisconsin Highway 190 also called as Capitol Drive.
13 middle school youth volunteers & 3 adults volunteered to clean this stretch in 2 hours on a Sunday morning in scorching heat.
A feedback session followed the activity and all youth gave amazing reasons and responses to why they wanted to do community service. Some responses :
1. "It feels good that's why I do community service"
2. "It's the right thing to do , hence I do community service"
3. "I need community ser ice hours for school hence I do it and also it's a nice thing to do"
4. "If I were home, my mom would have made me study , so instead I volunteered to do community service and hang with my age friends"
5."I don't know"
6." I just like to do community service and hence I did it"
7. " My mom told me to do it hence I did it"
Everyone had a snack and showed interest in doing more such community service activities.
Sewa means doing service without any expectations . Join us by liking our page and telling your friends. More events planned for the community we live in.
Enjoy some photos :
Our Work | Our Impact | Get Involved | DIY Campaigns | Chapters
Copyright © 2022 Sewa International. All rights reserved.