Summer Internship 2018
Get Inspired is the flagship summer unpaid internship program of Sewa International in USA. It is an opportunity for volunteer interns to engage in a structured service project to meet selected needs of the community and attain the broader humanitarian goals of Sewa International. ‘Get Inspired Atlanta' aspires to engage tomorrow’s leaders with today’s society through leadership, mentoring, and direct engagement in solving community problems in order to meet the goals of sustainable development in selected areas of Atlanta.
How to Apply:
1. Read the internship advertisement and job descriptions on this webpage.
2. Submit an application at https://www.sewausa.org/apply-for-internship (Select Chapter/Location as ATLANTA)
Deadline for applications is: Midnight on April 17, 2018
Intern Positions: Children’s Activities, Grants and Fund-raising, Public Relations, Research & Documentation / Family Services, Fundraising / Event Management
Duration: 6 weeks, June 10 – July 22, 2018
Hours: 20 hours per week
To help the Atlanta chapter of Sewa International in achieving supporting local and national projects in accordance with the selected internship position.
Sewa International chapters have regularly supported education, healthcare, tribal development, disaster relief, refugee support, environmental restoration and other projects in Atlanta, USA, India and word-wide that benefit thousands of lives. Some examples of projects are the Bhutanese Refugee Empowerment project, www.sewaday.org, www.youthforseva.org, www.sevabharathi.org, and www.nelehsp.org.
- Junior or Senior in High School, Undergraduate, graduate, college student
- Hard-working, enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible, versatile
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer and Internet skills, knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Intern must have own means of transportation
- Local commute may be required for certain tasks
– must be able to provide own transportation
- Create weekly status report of activities
- Must give a presentation at end of internship
- Some grant writing experience is a plus
About Sewa International:
Sewa International is a non-profit 501(c)(3) Hindu humanitarian organization running service projects with partner organizations in India, USA and other countries in many areas such as health-care, education, child and women development, refugee support, tribal welfare and disaster relief. Over the last few years, the fledgling Atlanta chapter has helped promote the spirit and joy of giving, volunteerism and selfless service in the community through local community service, fund-raising, and Bhutanese refugee support. For more information, please visit https://www.sewausa.org.