Sewa International invites all our LEADs to the 3rd National Youth Convention (NYC) 2023.This is a virtual (zoom) convention scheduled for Sat, Jul 29th, 2023 from 11 AM to 3 PM ET (8 AM to 12 PM PT).
It’s a mandatory event to be attended by all the LEADs from all Sewa chapters.
The convention will feature about 800 high school and college students as part of our youth cohort from across the US. This year's theme is Creating Drug-Free Communities.
The purpose of the convention is to provide a platform to present the work done by LEADs throughout the year, interact with each other, get motivated by listening to inspirational speeches, participate in live panel discussion on the topic of their choice and pass a resolution around our theme. Let’s celebrate your success and motivate you go even further!!
NYC will be split into 4 different sessions:
Session 1 - Welcome, National Anthem, Sewa Geet, National LEAD Presentation, and Chapter Presentations
Session 2 - Keynote Speech, and Chapter Presentations
Session 3 - Parallel Breakout Sessions featuring Panel Discussion on various youth-focused topics:
- Importance and career opportunities in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Should mental and physical health be addressed in the same manner
- Need for ethical boundaries with Artificial Intelligence
- How to nourish Body, Mind and Spirit?
- Developing an abundance mindset, any dangers in it?
- What does the Dharmic principle of Sarve Bhavantu Sukinah mean?
- Need for schools and homes to be drug free
- Does being rooted in one's culture help build a better life and society
- How to face adversities and curveballs life throws at you
Session 4 - Resolution Passage, Chapter Presentations
Please register at the earliest. The deadline is July 20th, 2023.
While registering, please select two topics of your choice for the panel discussion sessions. You will be assigned to one of them where you can actively participate and learn!!If you have any question please contact your Chapter LEAD Coordinator or email LEAD@sewausa.org
All zoom links will be sent to your registered email with details a week before the event.